Monday, February 15, 2010

This and That.

Do you know what's great about being a soap maker? Yep, that's right. I never run out of soap. I just go to the soap stash and grab a bar. Another great thing about being a soap maker is that I have all kinds of scents. My house is really dry right now, so dry that when I turned the mattress over I got zapped so hard that I dropped the mattress. Very hard to flip when it is zippy zapping you all the time! I now have a big pot of water on the stove gently steaming away to add some moisture to the house. To the pot I added some lavender, clove, patchouli and a smidgen of bay. It smells nice.

Now a rant. I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and I could not believe that the checker did not know what a jalapeno was nor did he know the difference between a cherry tomato or a Roma. Do they not teach the checkers how to identify produce? Also the checker was a young kid that used to come to the library. I asked him how he was doing and that sure was the wrong thing to ask! He told me all about his tale of woes. His girlfriend dumped him (I don't blame her!) he kept going on and on about his miserable life, so much that the people behind me were starting to give the old stink eye! I was trying hard to cut him off but he was not letting me. I finally said "Hope your week goes better" and walked off.

For my writing class we have to write a 500 to 700 word essay. I got that done today. At class on Wednesday we will go over them and find out what we did wrong and re-write them. We have to have this essay is a certain style. I was worried that I would not be able to meet the word count but no problem. I'm at 648 words. My essay is about how to choose chickens. There are all kinds of things that you need to think about before you get chickens. Speaking of chickens, I need to start looking at were I'm going to order my chickens from. Even though there is snow on the ground and more to fall, it will be spring soon.

5 comments:

  1. I like the new header! She sure has a sweet face. So you are the expert now on checkingout groceries? What, you had one week at Carrs? That should be your next confession ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old stink-eye! Funny.

    Really like the new pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, who is that Maggie or Juju??
    Whom ever she is, she looks happy.
    Nice change for your blog Krissy.

    I've been getting some junk anonymous posting on my blog too, what's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you need to consider getting a couple pigs - seriously!!

    ReplyDelete