Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fun Fun Fun

I went over to MN today to go to the State Fair with my Aunt and a friend of hers. It was a perfect day for the fair. Not hot, maybe about 75? Not humid and a nice breeze most of the time. Oh, and a lot of people but not a huge crowd. You could always find a bench to sit on and there were no lines for the rest rooms.

I ate or tasted the following.
Fried Walleye, Pronto Dog ( like a corn dog but NOT a corn dog. It's a pronto dog.) (Really, just like a corn dog) Nutella filled crepe, cream puff filled with chocolate, strawberry and vanilla cream ( real whipped cream ) fried cheese curds, key lime pie dipped in chocolate, on a stick of course. I think that was about it other then drinks. Oh, forgot, we went to the dairy barn and got malts.


I bet that this car is a "chick magnet!" I'm sure that the driver has to beat them off with a stick!
Only in a dairy state would you have a butter carving contest!

My Aunt Donna on the left and her friend Sharon on the right. My Aunt has been friends with Sharon since the 5th grade. She is a lot of fun. She also really helped out my Aunt when my Grandma passed away last week. My Grandma on my Dads side passed back in August and then my Grandma on my Moms side passed away last week. I have no Grand Parents now. It was nice having them for so long in my life. I was lucky that way.


Why you just got to love the MN state fair! I think you could even get it on a stick!
This one was born a few days ago. Can you say "Ouch, I have a stiff neck?"
This little lamby-kin is only a few hours old. Very unstable on her little legs. Whenever she found the teat the people would cheer, when she fell, a groan was heard.
These little piggies are only a few hours old. They had a live camera on them. While we were looking at some of the other expecting moms they announced that the next little pig that was just born was stillborn. You could hear the sad groan from all the people watching.




We stopped and watched Native American Dancers. Kind of made me home sick. It was kind of like but not, like Alaskan Native Dancers.













We walked and walked and walked. When we were done we took the sky ride back to the start of the fair. It was less then 5 minute ride but saved us about 20 minutes of walking. We were walked out!
Oh, MN hates the goat. Out of all animals there, and there were lots and lots, I never saw a goat.







9 comments:

  1. What a great day Krissy. I'm glad you had fun. One of these years we'll go to the MN State fair again. We use to go when the kids were little. I miss all that fair food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that odd? They have every kind of farm animal except goats? I'm glad you had fun. I just received card and obit notices from Aunt Donna. She did a great job on them! I'm still trying to wrap my mind around key lime pie on a stick. that just doesn't pencil out. can I come live with you? I want kittens and goats and to go to a good fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm...I want me some of that big, fat bacon!!

    Looks like you had a grand ole time. I'm jealous....I wanna go to a real big fair...not our little Alaska State fair. Jim says it's pretty lame-o compared to other states.

    I love the soaps ya sent. Went thru Grapfruit, then the Lavender one and I just opened the citrus one. I had them all seperated into ziploc baggies and I did spy a little bit o mold growing on the citrus. I think it's mold. Looked just how my cheese gets sometimes on the edges but I didn't put it under a microscope or anything. Just thought I'd let you know. Also when you mentioned that you may use crisco or vegetable oil in your soap that kinda weirded me out a bit. Just thought I'd let you know but I'll call you and talk more than just here...alrighty then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found out about both Grandma's last Thursday. I'm gonna miss the sunshine attitude of Granny Smith. The poem in the memorial card says it all.....And I am going to miss Gramma Schrader always wondering were I got my fiesty from ( I used to think I was perfect too -grin-).....Am going to see Mom tomorrow as I made it into Anchorage today. I hope she still has a bar or two of your soap. Never tried soap made out of milk before, just bear fat. I hope you didn't get it to fufu...I bet you miss having a seared moose steak with potatoes...My friend and I got a moose last week so I guess I wont starve this winter. Man I Love moose

    ReplyDelete
  5. No goats? What's up with that? Did you check out the horses? Nan was going to have her shire there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alicia, I don't think it's mold. I checked all the soap that I have and it's all good. I don't think that soap can get mold. Some of the essential oils that I use will come to the top of the soap and then form a kind of a crust on the edge of the soap. I rub it off so it looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to the MN fair since I attended college. The crowds are usually just too much for me, but going during the week probably was good thing.
    Glad you had a good time. That was quite a sampling of fair food. My favorite fair foods are deep fried cheese curds and funnel cake.

    No goat? Huh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is Nutella?
    I think the car belongs to a car or some guy is posting he loves Dave on his bumper sticker.
    I agree on no Criso or vegetable oil. I'd feel like I was getting myself ready to be fried. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. woops, i meant the car belongs to a GIRL.

    ReplyDelete