Over time I have noticed that it was taking longer and longer to dry a load of clothes. In the summer I line dry so I didn't think about it. This winter it was taking 90 minutes to dry a load of jeans and that's just not right. So I moved the dryer and took off that vent thing and stuck my hand up the dryer to see if there was a big lint ball. Noop, no lint ball there. I spent about a half hour getting the metal vent thing hooked back to the dryer. Good times, good times. ( I might have been a little cranky. Nothing like have kittens checking out what you're doing when you're in a tight spot )
I then went to the basement and looked at the big dryer hose thing. I could see right away that there was big jam in it. I got a chair so I could take a better look. I could see that there was about 2 feet of "jam". I tried to take the hose off at the connection to the metal part but it had a zip tie on it to hold it on and I was unable to undo it. I took a knife and cut it the hose. Stuck a broom handle up the hose and whack, whack, whack, I got a big mouse house out of it!
It was packed tight! There was nuts and little bits of plastic and all kinds of stuff. I used duct tape to put the hose back together. I will go get the dryer hose stuff and replace it later. But for now it works. I dried some clothes and it only took 50 minutes to dry a big load ( Jeans and towels )
12 hours ago