Friday, February 26, 2010

Book Club

Shy guy and the book club. What can I say? Yes, we sat next to each other, noop, he didn't talk much. Book club was over by 6pm ish and yep, he stayed till about 7.15pm, he left when some other people came in. I'm about ready to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with him. Or hit him over the head with a bat! One or the other.

Book Club read a book called "The Reliable Wife" by Robert Goolrick. It was a pretty good book. Lot's of twist and turns. Not what you would think the book was about just by reading the title.
Now I have to go read a book called "Wisconsin Death Trap" From what I gather, the author wrote ''The Reliable Wife' because he read that book.

For next month we are going to read "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman. I think it looks like a good read. A little SciFi, which I like. Also I think this will be a good for the book club, it will be the first SciFi that the has been read by the group. I do worry about the 2 little old ladies in the group sometimes. But then, they are adults and they can close their eyes over any parts that they don't like!

Maybe the book club should read my sisters book that it coming out? I will have to read it first as I'm not sure how my sister portrayed me.

10 comments:

  1. Come on , next meeting ask him if he'like to go for a coffee, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with above posted comment. Whats the worst that could happen? you get turned down for pie n coffee? I wouldn't wait till next meeting of the book club either. You say you converse a little at the library...so what have you talked about that you could further expand on along with your book club stuff? Never knew you to be shy before but I understand, had some moments myself unsure of how I would be received but then remembered that if I wasn't being only myself then I wasn't being real and lo and behold he liked me just the way I am (now thats scary)

    Love you sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will hand you the scissors so you can cut the apron strings! Please just promise me you won't RUN with the scissors ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neil Gaiman? Neil GAIMAN! My husband's most favorite-est writer ever! We have American Gods here at the house. I haven't read it yet. Maybe I should read it with you! How long do you have to read it? And, I fully expect a review from you!

    I agree with Rina. Just ask Shy Guy out! Sheesh Aunt Krissy! You're Alaskan! We don't do things the normal way! We do things OUR way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OS, the book club meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Unless we need to move it. SO we get about 2 or 3 weeks to read a book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He probably just wants to be "friends". Or he's extremely backwards, in which case, are you sure you want to go out with him?

    What are sisters for but to bug you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess you'll have to put on the man pants and ask him out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then I shall try to power through the book I'm reading and read it with you, long distance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh just slam a couple "Duck Farts" and go to book club - that will make you brave and unshy!! teehee

    ReplyDelete