Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My day so far

It's 8.30am and we are having a nice little thunder and lighting storm. I set the alarm today for15 minutes early so that I could shave my legs. I thought that today was going to be sun shiny and warm. But it's not. I know, this might be a TMI thing but really, I don't have a forest of hair on my legs, it just that I need 15 minutes to shave, it's that I'm blind as a bat, so I have to shower first, then sit on the edge of the tub with my glasses on so I can SEE my legs and shave them.

Do you have a cat that loves to talk to you? I do. Harvey is a real chatter box, all the time talk, talk, talk! I talk back to him. I'm sure he hears stuff like "Oh you are a brave and mighty hunter" or "What a beautiful black glossy coat you have" To human ears it might sound like this "Shut the hell up!" or maybe "If you don't shut up I will feed you to the chickens!" It works for us.

5 comments:

  1. That reminds me of a Far Side cartoon where the owner is saying "nice dog, fetch the stick" and the dog is hearing "blah, blah, blah, blah, stick, blah" or something along those lines. That Harvey - he has wax in his ears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat likes to talk too. All I have to do is look at her and she will meow softly. Reach for the laser clicker and she will chatter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you ought to start a cat talk blog just for harvey, so we can all listen to his mewing sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a dog who speaks to me like that all the time. Usually when I'm working in the kitchen or folding laundry. After we go through the usual routine of my checking her food and water, and checking to see if she wants to go outside, she just lays around and talks to me. There are times that it seems that she's saying actual words, but I've yet to figure it all out. She's pretty funny at times, especially when she makes sure to stand right in my path.

    ReplyDelete