Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Book Review plus

I'm reading a series of books called the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. They are of the SciFI genre. I finished book nine and am about to start book 10. But I have other books to read too.

I am now reading Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich. Hate to say it, but I am board out of my mind with book 16. The people in this series do not change. They have no growth. They do not learn from mistakes.

Stephine Plum, still does not know if she loves Morelli or Ranger.
Lulu, still on a diet and still eating doughnuts and wanting Cluck in a bucket chicken.
Grandma Mazur, still being the "pip" that she is.
Cars are still being smashed up, buildings are still being burned down.

It's almost like the same sentence are being used from books 1 though 15. I'm on page 157 and I'm going to keep on reading it, even if it makes me fall asleep!

The Dresden files, the main guy is Harry, time has passed in the books. Harry has loved and lost. Close friends have died and he has been betrayed and had learned to forgive. He is evolving and some in a good way, some not so good. but it is still change.

I read Gunshot Road by Adrian Hyland. I think that this was book two and I did not know that. I have a issues about reading books out of order. I can't knowingly do that. It was a excellent book. I would recommend it to all. The book is set in Australia and the main character is half Aborigine and White.

Now the "plus" part

Sorry, you might have thought that it was going to be an exciting announcement but it's not.
I just trimmed my goats hooves this afternoon. I also got Juju up on the stand to do it! She tired to go noodle on me but I got her up there. I spent about 10 minutes scratching her and calming her down. She started to nibble on her grain so I then picked up her foot and started to trim. Good thing she was only on three feet, she would have loved to have jumped off, but hard to do with one foot in the air with a hand holding it firm!

I got all eight feet trimmed. I did trim one hoof to close and I had a spot of blood well up. I put iodine on it. I will have to watch that foot now to make sure that no infection gets in. One thing good about my land, it is real sandy so I have no standing water and its dry out in the yard. I was sweating so bad that I had to stop as my eyes were burning and I could not see. Glad that that chore is over with. I need to do it more often, but it's not really a fun thing to do.

4 comments:

  1. Proud of you for getting those hooves trimmed.

    I agree with you regarding sizzling sixteen. Stephanie Plum needs a major shake up, I'm stuck on page 177..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I bet those goats have nice pretty hooves now!

    Thanks for the info on Sizzling Sixteen. Too bad we don't have book stickers that say "boring."!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tainterturtles has a good idea. Stickers for boring, redundant, too much for mom, unrealistic, good, excellent, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats one thing I dislike about series of books, too much of the same stale stuff.

    ReplyDelete