Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Road Trip

We (Shy guy and I) hit the road at about 8.30a and drove south till we got to Little Norway. It took about three and a half hour to get there. I forget to take my camera while we toured the place. It was slow paced but very interesting. Made me glad that I have a metal shovel to use when I clean out the goat pen, not a hand carved wooden one that has a dull edge! It took about an hour to go into all the buildings and hear about them and some of the tools/equipment that they used.

After we toured that place we decided that we might as well go see The house on the Rock. I really liked the place. It took about three hours to tour the joint. And we did not really look at some stuff (The dolls and doll houses) A lot of the stuff was replicas of the real thing but there was enough odd things that were real to make up for it. It was hard to take any real good pictures as it was very very dark inside and then almost all the stuff was behind glass so then you had the glare of the flash.

I did take some video of the worlds largest Carousel Ride. I have to admit, my jaw might have dropped when I first saw this! I think that you need to see it it person to really get the effect of the whole thing.

After we did that we then drove home. Did not get home till 10.30pm. It was a long, but fun day.

And for those that want to know, no, there were no sparks. Not on my part anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Next time I come visit I want to go to the House on the Rock. I think i would love to see that calliope and all the other carousel horses that you told me you saw. Don't know when that will be, but someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun! Funny that you went to the Ripoff on the Rock. I guess it's a place that you have to see for yourself. Jewelweed is known as Touch-me-nots 'round here. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete