Sunday, January 18, 2009

Before and After

Remember my reading room? I really miss it. I
spent many a relaxing hour reading under the umbrella. Being that I can multi task I also worked on my suntan while reading! By the end of summer I had read a lot of books and had a nice tan.








I really miss it. Here's what my reading room looked like this afternoon. It makes me sad. But, even if I can't read in my outside reading room I still manage to get some reading done. I just finished a book this morning. When I say morning, I mean I was done at 2am. It was a great book and I could not put it down. I had to know what happened to the family. The book was called" The Heretic's Daughter" by Kathleen Kent. It takes place in the late 1600s during the Salem Witch trials. The author is a descendant of Martha Carrier, who was hanged as a witch during this time. This book is the story about this family and their life.


Even though I stayed up late, I still went to Church. I brought hot dogs. I have brought them a few times. They are always a hit and pretty cheep. 24 hot dogs with buns was under $7.00.


Oh, and just so my Dad doesn't lecture me about needing to shovel. Here's what it looked like later on today.





5 comments:

  1. still worrying about daddy lectures I see. Me too. That's why I had to make sure and give Kathy her $50. It was nagging at me, not because I hadn't given it to her, but because I was afraid D would call again and I would have failed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that does sound like a good book.

    I love the before & after pic. Four more months and we'll be able to break out the deck furniture!!!!

    Hey, you missed my dancing today while ice fishing. Yesterday was disco dancing to Donna Sommers & today I was doing the robot to 80's music, hee, hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever feel like you're still in Alaska?

    Little Dude and I were ever so happy with the cold and the snow we had before Christmas. It was a bit of Alaska for us, almost like Mother Nature sent us a Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job shoveling. I think my boys will have to come take a lesson or two from you.

    That book sounds good, I might have to reserve that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you're reading room looks so nice (in the summer)...all those pretty flowers in the pots! And the sunshine.....

    I'm taking a Lot of comfort right now that the days are getting longer, awhile more and we'll both be able to go play in the dirt again!

    Annie

    http://countrylivinginacariboovalley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete