Saturday, January 17, 2009

Secrets!

I was out and about today and just got home at 11pm! I'm getting way to old to be out that late!
I went to a friends house for lunch and dominoes and was there till almost 7pm! ( She likes to talk about all her aches and pains so while talking we aren't playing!)
And then I went to my friend Kellie's house as it was her daughters birthday. I always have fun when I'm with Kellie. There were some other adults there and Kellie shared a secret. So I'm going to tell a secret that nobody knows about other then my sister Patty and Kellie!


OK. Here goes......... ( Sorry Dad! ) Many years ago I was to bring the pumpkin pie for the big Thanksgiving family dinner. I made a real nice pie and had it sitting out on the counter top to cool. As I was in the shower, my cat (Myke) got up on the counter and licked a hole in the pie!
I filled that hole up with a dollop of Cool Whip! Brought it over and didn't tell a soul! I did confess to my sister Patty later on that day about what I did! That's the worst cooking secret that I have!

Do you have a cooking secret? Do tell! Confession is good for the soul!

3 comments:

  1. Comment re: movies from yesterday.. P. has netflix so we get to watch some unusual documentaries... tonight we saw Up The Yangtze .. really interesting... great river and city footage ... you can smell the gray air from watching the movie...

    Here's the Netflix description.. When the Three Gorges Dam makes life hard for the Yu family, daughter Yu Shui must take a job aboard a cruise ship, where she enters into a dizzying microcosm of modern China. Meanwhile, her parents face the rising waters of the Yangtze. Chinese-Canadian filmmaker Yung Chang's beautifully photographed film of China's peasant life and cultural upheaval was nominated for Best Documentary for the Independent Spirit Awards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never done that. Rest assured my dogs have never nibbled on anything I later fed to family. However, I do ocassionaly drink right out of the milk jug, so if the recipe uses milk, there's a possiblility you have small, very small microbes of PK in your blood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Christmas we made a ham to bring to families for dinner. Ginger was just a pup. We had set the ham on the table to rest a little before we cut it. I left the kitchen for a few minutes and came out and caught Ginger licking the ham.

    I rinsed that side off and we cut it up any way.

    Don't tell.

    ReplyDelete