Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold!


This is how cold it was at my house this AM. And no, my dog did not want to go out. But we had a "come to Jesus meeting" and she saw the error of her ways and went out. OK, OK, I jokes! I just waited and after a few hours of being up and about she went out and did her thing.


With this cold weather we have been having here in WI, a lot of movies are being checked out at the library. I'm going to share with you some classic movies that I like. The following movies are rated N.F.M. ( Not For Mom! ) Oh, I'm sorry, when I said classic did you think I was thinking of "Gone with the wind" or maybe "Casablanca?" Ha ha, you're so wrong!



1. Pulp Fiction
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. True Romance
4. 3000 miles to Grace Land
5. Kill Bill 1
6. Kill Bill 2
7. Kalifornia
8. Fight Club
9. Eastern Promises


Here are some other movies that I like that are OK for Mom to watch. (Maybe)


1. Memento
2. The Departed (Mom, I think you saw this)
3. Blood Diamonds
4. King of Scotland
5. Full Monty
6. Best In Show


You will note that I don't have chick flicks. There are some out there that I saw and I think that are OK, but I can't think of them and I know that I wouldn't see them again much less rent them!


One movie that I think that is great and OK for all and that I have seen many times is Princess Bride! That movie just cracks me up! How can you not laugh at " Mawage. Mawage is wot bwrings us togede tooday "

5 comments:

  1. The Princess Bride is by far my favorite movie. Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

    I also loved Best in Show. Most of your movies I haven't seen - I'm not much of a violence kind of girl. :) I don't really do Chick Flicks either, but I do really like "Love Actually" (I'm in the minority on that one) and "Sense and Sensibility."

    Other good ones:
    "Amelie" "Bride and Prejudice" "Office Space" "Pillow Talk" (old Doris Day movie) "The Usual Suspects" (that one is kind of violent, but I really liked it)

    I'm so glad tomorrow is going to actually be above 0!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Christmas time, Becca and I went over to Marilyn & Lindsay's house to watch Princess Bride...I had not seen it. It was so funny. Becca said it was a parody to all the sappy Disney movies ever made.

    Sorry, I really like the "Chick Flick" Hallmark movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K- I for some reason, don't think that Sense and Sensibility Pride and Prejudice and the like are chick flicks. I have watched them all on PBS and have really liked them. Chick flicks to me are Mama Mia and stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Princess Bride is an all time classic. I also like Baby's Day Out, Babe, and chick flicks like While You Were Sleeping and Return to Me.

    The Trinity series of Westerns are great also. As well as Quigley Down Under. I like lots of movies, but not horror.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like drama, fantasy and movies based on a real person or circumstance. I'm not much for chicky chic flickers either, but I don't like real violent movies or ones with a lot of foul language.

    Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies and it was the first movie I saw in the theater. I think I was 12 or 13. One summer I watched my sister's boys for a summer job and we memorized all the funny lines. I have forgotten most of them now. But both those boys have turned into movie buffs. In fact the oldest works in cinematography in Hollywood.

    "Anybody want a peanut?" "Stop that rhyming, now I meant it!"

    ReplyDelete