Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What ya got cooken?

When I moved here my friend Kellie hooked me up with some pork. So I have been eating a lot of home grown pork. (Yummy) I took a package out of the freezer to thaw and it's not thawed out yet. This package is called " sorta chops" So I'm going to sorta marinate it in lemon, garlic,oregano, olive oil, parsley and some red wine vinegar. Tomorrow I will sorta have that for lunch and then have the left overs for dinner. Sound like a plan?
I'm also making brownies tonight. I'm kind of glad that the pork is still frozen. Knowing me, I would have had a nice big dinner and brownies and a big glass of cold milk, now I will just have brownies for dinner! Less calories! That's my kind of diet.


Talking about vinegar, did you know that I have a love of vinegar? I have 4 types if vinegar right now. I have a bottle of balsamic, that's my sipping vinegar. I also have red wine, cider, white and champagne vinegar. Oh, that's 5 types! (It's that new math!) When I say sipping vinegar, I really do mean sipping. I will take a swig of it almost every day. That's why is on the counter top and not in a cupboard with the other vinegars.


And now your wondering why I have a picture of my dogs foot? Well, I will tell you why. With all this talk of food it reminded me that dogs feet smell like corn chips! It's true! If you have a dog go sniff its feet right now! I'll wait. See? What did I tell you? Corn chips!

psst.....lean in close, closer...I'm going to tell you a secret. One time I sniffed Abby's feet and my tummy growled! I must have been real hungry! TMI? To bad this is not a scratch and sniff picture!

8 comments:

  1. Hi. Just visiting with the "next blog" feature on blogger. I've always noticed that wet labradors smelled like scrambled eggs. Really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Ginger always smells like a corn chip. Sorta chops huh. You have to tell me if they tast like sort chops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clutterchick, I tried to go to your blog but there's nothing there?
    Scrambled eggs huh? I think I would rather smell corn chips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've really gone off the deep end now. I'm not rushing over to smell my dogs feet. That would be 12 feet to smell and that's just a bit too much cornchips for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with cornchips..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kris, I agree with Patty. Smelling doggie paws? Were you making the brownies before or after smelling dog paws???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krissy, Krissy, Krissy - You are beginning to worry me. To cure this thing of sniffing dogs feet, you need to come for a visit - the sniffing would stop after smelling Happy, Spookers or Baily's feet (and breath!!) as they are very fond of going out where horses hang out looking for flavorful road apples!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of dogs feet smelling like popcorn, never corn chips. My puppy has piddle feet. I don't think those smell very good.

    ReplyDelete