Thursday, July 30, 2009

The girls.

Here's JuJu (left) and Maggie (right) so happy to see me in the morning with the grain. I have to push them off the gate so I can open it. They are almost like cats as they lean on my legs while I'm in the pen putting the grain in their dishes. They have almost tripped me a few time. They have really cleaned out their pen of all goodies. I am amazed that they cleaned it out. I have heard of people renting out their goat to clear land and now I can see why. Being that it's slim pickings in the pen, I put a leash on them and took them out to my weed patches.
Here they are eating my Birch tree that I need to cut down. It's all gnarly and the trunk is split.
I weeded this spot last fall and also this spring and I gave up! I let the girls eat on it for about 10 minutes today. They were easy to spook. I had them out for about 15 minutes today. I will try and let then out every day and increase the time over a few days. I think that I have found a way to get rid of the weeds.







5 comments:

  1. What good girls! Maybe I should rent them to clean out my weeds in the vegetable garden. I'm sure the girls like getting out for a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only problem with having them clean up weeds is that they eat the vegetables, flowers and other good plants you want to keep. They are very cute. I bet they like getting out and seeing something new. Have you tried the gopher city area yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad they wont pull the roots out too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, good girls. I think maybe we need a few goats around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing photo's of ALL your girls!

    ReplyDelete