Friday, August 7, 2009

It's time! Let's send out some SOAP!

I made a batch of soap yesterday. This one I scented with Anise. I brought it up from the basement and have it sitting on the kitchen table. I will cut it in a few days. When I came home from work today all I could smell was the soap. Smelled like black licorice. I noticed that a lot of other soap makers call Anise scented soap names like "Fisherman's friend" or "Hunter Soap". The scent of Anise is supposed to mask the human smell. Does it? I don't know. And also fish are supposed to be attracted to it. Anybody out there ever heard of this? Use Anise for hunting and fishing?



I still think that I will call my soap by what scent that it has. Other then the ones that I used more then one scent in it. I have 2 that I used 2 types of citrus scents. So I will call them citrus blend 1 and citrus blend 2. I don't have to worry about blend # 3 as I don't think that I will make citrus soap anymore. They are too soft of a scent.



Also it's getting close to when my soap will be ready to use ( All the batches) I have been using the 1st and 2nd batch that I made. It works! I also like how it rinses off.



So I would like the following to send me an e-mail to chandellesoap@gmail.com and if you want I will send you some soap, ( Free, no cost to you! )

Beth
A Wisp of Creativity
2 Teach the Teacher
Country Living in a Cariboo Valley
Little Buggy tongues
Oregon Sunshine
Ceder View Paint Horses
Faith Baby Lady
Also my friends and family that live in Alaska and Colorado that would like to try some Hand Crafted Raw Goat Milk Soap need to send me an e-mail.

Please use chandellesoap@gmail.com address. I have started work on another blog that will be for soap only. It's called Chandelle Farm. ( I have it closed right now as it's under construction)
and this will be the e-mail for that.

I will send everybody 1 bar of plain soap and then choose one of the following.
1. Lavender with flowers
2.Patchouli
3.Citrus Blend 1 (Blood Orange,Lime and pink grapefruit )
4. White Spruce
6. Bay ( Go sniff your old jar of bay leaves, like that but nice, not all dusty smelling! Toss that jar out. It's old!)
7. Pink Grapefruit
8. Bergamot ( Think Earl Gray Tea )

What I want from you is your honest feed back. These soaps are lightly scented. The scent wont linger on your skin. ( I don't like to smell like Irish Spring and I don't like scented soap on my face, that's why I use 2 bars all the time ) If you get a rash, STOP using the soap. You might be reacting to the essential oil. Just because it's all natural doesn't mean you can't be allergic to something. Also note, plain soap doesn't mean that there is no smell. It means that no scent was added to it. I notice that it has a light sweet smell. I think that it's the olive, coconut and palm oil that I am smelling. I want to know if it rinsed off you well, as you have different water then I have. Did you like the sud? Size of sud? The scent? Any problems is shipping? Box made it OK?
Anything that you think I might need to know I want to know! Also note. They are not wrapped yet, still working on that so they will come wrapped in paper towels and in a zip lock bag in a USPO box.

Oh, here's the list of ingredients.
Olive oil, raw goat milk, coconut oil, palm oil, sodium hydroxide (lye) essential oil ( if scented ) and vitamin E.

Don't let the lye worry you. With saponification the lye has changed. There is no longer any lye in the soap but now with saponification there is soap and glycerin in the soap.

OK. Let's give it a try.

5 comments:

  1. Tim thinks we should get a lifetime supply of soap. We don't use that much - just about 1 bar per month. Or at least a year's supply. He doesn't care what it smells like because his sniffer don't work so good. So send him all your icky scents. Not really. I smell good and I don't want no anise stinking up the house. I HATE black licorice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The turtles want one bar of each scent...I'm so excited I can hardly wait. I also want to try the no scent soap. If your soap is similar to "horse-of-peace" soap it will be perfect for the skin. The bike man and I haven't bought commerical soap in almost two years. We really like homemade soap.

    I hope you have lots of soap in December cuz now I know what I'll be giving my family & friends for Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay soap. How exciting for you. Look out Irish Spring there's a new soap maker on the block. Good luck, Aunt Krissy. I sent an email and it didn't go through the first time. Let me know if you got it this time. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to try the pink grapefruit or the bergamont. I've never used soap with those scents before.

    ReplyDelete