Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rain Rain.

I did not get the lawn mowed today. It started to rain, and rain and rain. I did make it into town and bought stuff so that Rose wont have to eat ketchup soup.

I also got the soap moved down to the basement. I bought a 24inx48in table at Wal-Mart. It is very light and easy to fold up and put in the back of my truck. I will use that for craft fairs and such. I also went by the local high school. They are selling a bunch of tables and chairs for cheep. They said to come back tomorrow as the Fire department had 1st dibs and then what the F.D. didn't want would be sold to the public. I want a table to put down stairs so that I can cut soap there and not lug it back and forth.

During a lull in the rain I went checked on the goats and tucked them in for the night. I also took a look at the garden. I have some tomatoes that are getting ripe. While out at the garden I could hear the warning sirens going off in the town that's 5 miles south of me. I looked on line and there is a tornado warning for my county and the ones near by.

The little weather crawler just popped up. It's been down graded to a watch but it also covers a bigger area now. I just want the rain to stop so that the lawn will dry out and I can mow. 70% chance of rain on Thursday. Maybe it will hold off till later on so that I can mow in the AM.

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, tornadoes must be the scariest thing. We don't have them around here and I'm so glad. I know what you mean about the rain. Until last week we have had rain almost everyday since June. We were getting mildewed. We are supposed to get a category 4 hurricane this weekend. Maybe an end to the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After work I stopped at the local bank and the bank teller told me there was tornado warnings out for our county and the county north of us. I said, "WHAT" that's so weird. We didn't even get hot weather today, just cool and rainy. Boy our weather was weird today.

    I still made it to bible study tonight, but I was worried that the storms would catch me in the nearby town. Looks like storms later tonight around midnight. Yup, this is Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a 4.9 shaker that went on for several seconds this morning. I will take that any day over WAITING for something to come get me!

    I agree with your sis, wear clothes while Rose is visiting!

    I tried the Pink Grapefruit this morning but my smeller doesn't work as well as it did. I liked the feel - even on my face. I plan to take some to work and see what my co-workers think.

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird weather today, had a little bit of wash out in our gravel drive way.

    We need to finish mowing our lawn too, well actually Ky does, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had an earthquake today - a pretty good one. I see Janice said it was 4.9 - I checked the ADN was claiming 5. I hope I didn't post it incorrectly on my site. I like your soap. I liked talking to you today. Tomorrow goat logo, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sick of the rain/cold wx myself.

    I didn't get my lawn mowed either.

    ReplyDelete