Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A slow day.

I had a hard time getting the pics to post. This is looking South/West from the side of her house from her deck. She has a deck 3/4 of the way around her house.
This is looking North/West from the back deck. This is also looking West/North/West from her back deck.


This is looking at the house (duh) from the East. ( That means that her house faces East )

I didn't do much on Monday. Well, if you count taking an hour nap as doing much then I did a lot!
Linda told me that her house is at 7100feet, that's why I was really sucking the wind on my walk yesterday, not because I'm out of shape. She said that the winds got up in to the 70mph up at her house also. I knew it was a strong wind when I was on the back deck taking the pics as the wind was pushing me!
Today we are going to go get some roasted green chili peppers and also go by her place of work as she took some of my soap in and sold it. ( Good job Linda! )

9 comments:

  1. Hey Krissy, could you do me a favor and drive south to Hatch, New Mexico and buy me a big bag of green chili peppers? Thanks Kris, I knew you would understand (hee, hee).

    Nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. LH sure has a beautiful place. Is it warm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris, nice meeting you today. I can't wait to try your soap. It smells heavenly.

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a second. When are you doing a road trip to AK so you can sell your soap? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful spot for a home. Yay, soap sales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend has a really nice house! Can she garden at the elevation? (You know I gotta know, lol)

    Congrats on the soap sales, and have a great time on the rest of your road trip....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krissy - I sent an email - check it out and let me know what you think. You can call me if you want - 243-5009 or 261-9212

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her property and view are beautiful! I knew CO was beautiful, but I didn't remember it this nice. Congrats on the soap sales! Did you get them all wrapped up nice?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey tainterturtles.... we didn't make it by to get chili's yesterday but should either tomorrow or Friday... If you seriously want some, what kind?? I am planning on getting some Anaheim milds if still available. They roast them at the farms and I just peel/seed them and freeze in small/user friendly bags.
    Annie - yes, can grow great gardens here with pretty much any kind of veggie you would want. I have not done garden yet as live in the middle of a 65 acre pasture and the horses tend to get into everything (had to block off under back deck as they were using it as their barn - not so bad except was leaving road apples there and the younger 3 horses tend to latch on to anything they can play with and haul around the pasture!!!)
    The pics don't do justice to the fall colors of the oak. Unfortunately the high winds on Monday took a lot of the Aspen leaves off otherwise the mountain would be a lot more golden. The top of "Baldy" on the mountain (Greenhorn Mountains) to west is around 13,000 ft.
    Plottin' on where to take Krissy on day road trip tomorrow where there will still have leaves on trees.
    And... Krissy is going to be very very very busy making soap when she gets home. Have orders for soap she already has made up (she didn't bring enough!!)and more orders for unmake soap and new "flavors". (but then, I just might not let her go back home - Taylor and I are enjoying her so much and hate to see her leave!!)

    ReplyDelete