Saturday, December 5, 2009

Out on a date.

JuJu and Maggie got picked up today for their date. The goat lady ( not me,the other goat lady) pulled her truck (with shell on it ) up to the gate. We put down a straw bale and led the goats to the bale and with a little pulling and pushing the goats were in the truck. OK, I have to admit with JuJu we had to do a little hoisting to get her up into the truck. And off they went.

I got a call about 45 min later that I needed to mark on the calender that Maggie is a tramp! She is preggers! She was not playing hard to get as she got got 3 times in 30 minutes. ( The goat lady used more professional terms then I am using )

JuJu is being coy. She does not like her date. She's a good girl. I think JuJu just went out of her cycle about a week ago. They both will stay on their extended date till the end of the month to make sure that they both are well and truly with kid.

It's exciting to think that in the 1st week of May I will have little baby goats with wobbly legs skipping around being all cute and stuff. ( Sigh)

7 comments:

  1. I know! It's so exciting! Febe was supposed to come back in heat last week and she didn't so that means kiddies at the beginning of April!!! If Whisper can gain a few pounds we'll breed her in January. It's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! You're going to be busy this coming Spring....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh. I want to come down again and visit when the babies come. That Maggie sure is eager - has she been bred before? We're either of them mama's before you got them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so excited....baby goats, whoo hoo! I bet you can't wait until the girls come home. Be sure to give them a treat...or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby goats are so cute! My oldest doe is PG too and due the last part of march... it's rather exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Exciting!! Can't wait to see the little kids wobbling around..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, cute! Baby goats! How fun will that be, with the fuzziness and wobbly-legs and whatnot? Aw.

    ReplyDelete