Thursday, September 2, 2010

14 lbs.

I go to school four days a week. On Thursday, I have all three classes. I have to have all my books with me and being that I'm a part time student, with locker space in short supple, I get to carry all 14 lbs around with me. Today was the first day that I had to do that. I got a kink now in my neck. I was carrying them just in the book bag over one shoulder but quickly stopped that when it started to hurt and I put both arms through the back pack and have the weight even on my back.

Today I had Micro Soft 2007. Today I felt behind from the get go. Thankfully there are several other non-traditional (Old) students in this class. The younger students have learned power point and excel in school. The younger lady next to me was really lost so I was helping her, which caused me to become lost. I stopped helping her. There is a "help" person in this class that floats around and helps the students. I told that lady that I think she needed to get her to help herself out.

So far I have not been hit hard with homework, which worries me. My classes last year had lots of it. I'm just waiting for them to dump it on us.

That's all for now. I noticed that I am going to bed sooner then I used to. This being up all day and no naps during the day is making me tired!

8 comments:

  1. Look on the bright side, you'll be meeting new people. Too bad about the no naps thing, but aren't you a little old for naps anyway???

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor krissy, no naps for you! I would suggest not trying to help others until you know it yourself. Kind of like trying to take a splinter out of someone's eye when you've got a log in your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life w/o naps is tough, my dear !

    Signed,

    loveshernaps

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ TT, maybe if i had 8 to 10 hours of sleep a night like you I wondn't need naps, but I only sleep 5 to 6 hours. You have noticed that i'm never cranky right? All because of naps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a heavy pack Kris! Maybe you should get one of those little suitcases with wheels?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krissy.. maybe you could get one of those old people walkers that has a basket on the front for all your books - then you could just push them around :-)

    xoxoxo
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing how the extra weight of books can add up to a lot when you have to carry them around.

    Maybe you can catch up on some zzz's this weekend.

    ReplyDelete